The highest capital city in the world. Make sure you take altitude pills or lots of cocoa tea.
This amazing place used to be a huge salt water lake. However, now it has hardened over and is a vast mass of salt. You can even see the 'islands' that used to exist.
This dormant volcano is located very near to Salar de Uyuni and often included in tours of the Salt Flats.
This is exactly what it sounds like! It has a lot of history intertwined with the town of Uyuni, which you will find very interesting.
quick general tips
- Bolivia is quite remote compared to other south american countries.
- Take altitude tablets, it's very high up!
- Be aware cash points don't always work.
- Bolivia's currency is Bolivianos.
- Do a 5 day tour of Salar de Uyuni.
- Wake up early to go to the Tunupa Volcano.
- It's freezing, so remember your big warm coats.
Need more than just quick tips? contact me by email or any of my social media links below, with questions!